We´re happy to announce that one of the leading and most innovative media groups in Norway, Edda Media will start to share live content using Shootitlive. Edda Media owns a number of Norwegian newspapers including Fredriksstad Blad, Budstikka, Sandefjords Blad, Laagendalsposten and Lierposten.
“At Edda Media we’re fond of new services. When we find things that not only are new, but also extremely useful we’re delighted. Shootitlive is of great value to the audience, and is super easy for the newsroom, the reporters and the photographers in the field.”
Tord Selmer-Nedrelid, Editorial developer at Edda Media
For Edda Media these factors have been essential to start using Shootitlive:
- Low threshold for use:
Simple to use both in the field and for the newsroom to manage. There is a iphone app so that employees always have the abillity to quickly live publish media.
- Flexible: The Shootitliuve player is made in HTML5 with responsive design and scales well to all our platforms. You can send both images and video which will appear in the same gallery.
- High value for our visitors: The public expect pictures and video. We know that our audiences like picture galleries very much. Then they should get more of it.
- Fast: The news is happening now. Shootitlive allows us to cover events with pictures and video as it happens
- Crowdsourcing: Shootitlive is very good to collect images from users. Our visitors can send pictures into the system via email. It’s easy and quick to approve images before they are published.
- Compatible: Shootitlive can be combined with our existing advertising systems, and thus capitalized on.
- Track record: Although the company is new, they already have an impressive list of Newspaper customers in several countries.
- Nice People: Shootitlive are a small company with people who are very involved in the product. Eivind Vogel-Rodin is one of the founders of Shootitlive. He is both a nice guy and has worked as a press photographer. Thus, he understands our needs as a news organization.
Read more on the Edda Media development blog.
Fredriksstad Blad and Laagendalsposten kicked off their Shootitlive usage by mixing the staffed photographers material with real time content fetched from their audience during the festivities on May 17th. Budstikka started with breaking news photos and videos when houses caught fire in Billingstad, Norway.